The documents are submitted to the Reader of the Sub-Registrar of Assurances for scrutiny. After scrutiny, the Reader indicates the registration fee required, which is 1% of the transaction value or Rs. 30,000/- whichever is less on the document itself.
The payment of this fee is generally done by Payorder or through pre-determined Banks, or through the Maharashtra Government website E-payment for Registration - https://gras.mahakosh.gov.in/echallan/
After depositing the fees, the documents are presented before the Sub-Registrar in accordance with Section 32 of the Registration Act, 1908. Normally, the Seller hands over the peaceful vacant and physical possession of the property to the buyer simultaneous to the deed being presented for registration. Upon payment of the required registration fees and computer service charges in cash, as per the receipt, the document is returned within 30 minutes of getting the receipt.
The documentation shall include:
(1) Document required to be registered (Original Stamp Duty Paid Copy)
(2) Two passport-size photographs of the authorized signatories of both parties.
(3) Photo identification of each party and witnesses i.e. voters' identity card, passport, identity card issued by Govt. of India, Semi Govt. and Autonomous bodies or identification by a Gazette Officer.
(4) Certified true copies of certificate of incorporation of both seller and purchaser in case of Companies. (Subjective and applicable as per the requirement)
(5) Copy of the latest property register card (to be obtained from the City Survey Department) to indicate that the property does not belong to the government. (Subjective and applicable as per the requirement)
(6) Copy of the Municipal Tax bill to indicate the year in which the building was constructed, (Subjective and applicable as per the requirement)
(7)Copy of PAN Card of Income Tax of the Seller and the Buyer annexed along with the Sale Deed.
It is also mandatory to affix thumb impression on the document to be registered in addition to signature and photograph.
1% of market value of the property (Maximum INR 30,000) + INR 20 per page of final sale deed for scanning charges (paid in cash at the time of Registration)